the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






3/26/2002



Zoe's Iroha Sweater



This is a sweater I made for my four year-old, Zoe, recently. It's made out of Noro's cotton/cashmere Iroha. Really soft, but still sturdy. Of course, she won't wear it and now it's getting too warm anyway. Good thing I made it big enough for next year. (Note substantial cuffs... I ran out of yarn, but wanted to make sure it was big enough for another year!).


I used "The Incredible, Custom-Fit Raglan Sweater" pattern by Pam Costello, available at woolworks.org. This is a great pattern for a basic top-down raglan in ANY size. It's totally flexible. Getting started is tricky, but after that, totally simple. Because it's in the round there are no seams either, so it's very tidy. (I actually worked back and forth on my sleeves, because I don't have a little circular needle... maybe I should get one.)


I made it a V-neck originally, but after I put a good two inches of ribbing on it, the neck looked small and funny, so I added the johnny-collar. It definitely works better.







posted by kristi at 3/26/2002 06:09:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM