the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






4/26/2002



Kool Threads



Well here's the second kool-aid attempt... I was going to re-dye it, but after I broke the big skein down, I decided that it looked pretty good and the variations were consistent enough to leave it. I feel like I'm somewhere between Red Heart and Colinette now, at least.


Here are some inspirational dyeing sites:
Motomo Gallery
Tierra Wools
and, of course, Colinette.


Incidentally, if you crave Colinette like I do, check out the "Millshop" section of their site. Great deals on some of their yarns! Shipping runs about $25 to the States from Wales, but you'll still come out way ahead of retail. I haven't done it yet, but I'm tempted. I still have some stray Zanziba that I thought was going to be part of the Parrot sweater. It was way too teal, but I'm thinking it would look great with the Charcoal Graffiti yarn. Now I just have to find a patrona for this dreamy creation.







posted by kristi at 4/26/2002 09:09:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM