the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






4/16/2002



Thrift Sweater Redux



Okay, so I was in the thrift store today and bought this sweater (about $4.00). My intent is to unravel it and re-knit it. It's 100% merino wool, it's a nice celery green, and it's plenty big. Heeding the advice of fellow knitbloggers, I checked to see if it was put together like a handknit garment or sewn together. It seems to have selvege stitches and all so I am hopeful that it will unravel in one piece.

What am I envisioning? Spurred on by Theresa at bagatell, and her recently posted free pattern, my plan is to knit a V-neck sweater with cabled raglans and cabled ribbing. The body of the sweater will be plain. My first voyage into cabling.







posted by kristi at 4/16/2002 05:55:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM