the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






5/09/2002



Charmed Scarf



This is the scarf that I am working on now, with Rowan Linen Drape and Trendsetters Flora. I'm using Jennifer's "Cancun Scarf" pattern from Moving Hands. I had a terrible time getting started with this lacy thing, but here's what I've learned:

YO, p2tog works a lot better than YO, k2tog: Jennifer's pattern calls for p2tog, but I figured, "potato/potahto", you're working it the same on both sides, what's the difference? There's a difference.

Don't use big needles. I assumed big needles were the answer to the lacy look, but worked my way all the way down to 6's (that's is an 8 to you... I knit big) to get it to look like this.







posted by kristi at 5/09/2002 10:11:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM