the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






7/24/2002



Brooklyn?



I've been doing some genealogical research as you may recall. One branch of my husband's family came through Ellis Island in 1904-1905 and landed in Brooklyn. I have some addresses for them and this has got me wondering whether any of the buildings they lived in are still there.

So my question is this: Is anyone in or around Brooklyn and willing to do some reconaissance work for me? The streets in question are Siegel Street and Humboldt Street. Right now I have three addresses, all within a mile of each other. If you're willing to track them down and snap a few pictures, I would be eternally grateful and happy to compensate you in some manner. Let me know! Thanks.







posted by kristi at 7/24/2002 09:01:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM