the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






8/28/2002



on needles



My WIP. It's a Henley style pullover with Color 1, Lot A of the discontinued Cotton Kureyon by Noro. Very earthy with a few bright spots. I got some plain black for a middle section as I thought I might run out.

As far as the pattern goes, I am using a top-down raglan pattern from the Sweater Machine with some modifications. I added on an extra 7 stitches at either side of the neckline. Six stitches will be the doubled button band, the seventh, slipped on every right side row, will form a nice turned edge. After it's done this gets sewn into place. I'll knit a conventional ribbed neck in the black too. I think I'll make the sleeves and the hem slightly flared with a rolled edge.







posted by kristi at 8/28/2002 08:30:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM