the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






10/26/2002



another one down



Hoorah! I've finished up the Chogori. For those who are not devoted readers (hah!) a chogori (jeogori?) is a short bolero-type jacket that is part of the traditional Korean costume. I saw one and decided to do a knit rendition. Here it is:

I really liked using up the vast Kool-Aid scraps that I dyed for the Knitty article and the color work on the sleeves. I also like the neckband, though it was yarn-swap-a-minute to knit. I just knit it separately in garter rows and sewed it on after the fact.

I found knitting the back completely tedious, though I did like the subtle shading on the yarn. I'm not completely happy with the way the neck shaping came out -- it was a bit slap dash, but c'est la vie.


And my big discovery with this one is that you can just steam iron the pieces to block them! I wouldn't do this to fancy yarns, but silly me had never tried this approach. They lay there so obediently after their ironing!







posted by kristi at 10/26/2002 07:04:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM