the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






1/17/2003



happy dance



What a fabulously exciting day in the world of mail yesterday was! I swear I peaked at the porch a dozen times hoping that he'd come early. As it was, the mail arrived just before I had to leave to fetch Zoe from school so I saw that I had packages, but I couldn't open them. But I was giddy all the way to school. And I was right to be! I got my eagerly awaited fabric squares. I've been playing games with them, and doodling on graph paper. I figure the key to success in this quilt is going to be dark and light. Maybe that's true of any quilt though, eh? But there are so many colors. I ordered some fusible interfacing with a 2 inch grid already drawn on it on Ebay, so waiting for it's arrival should prevent me from doing anything too rash. Though at this point I feel like I could play with organizing the squares indefinitely. So many possibilities. Order? Chaos? Some of each?



And as if that weren't enough, I got the marvelous motherlode from Kerrie. Thanks, Kerrie! They are all marvelous and my mind is spinning with ideas and I just want to fondle them all for a while and start knitting them up. My first thought: Another spin of the perennial bulky baby, with Colombo and some plain, natural wool that I have. A poor choice for a baby living in San Diego? Perhaps. Second, third, and fourth ideas... Scarves, scarves, scarves.







posted by kristi at 1/17/2003 06:32:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM