the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






1/20/2003



more quilting



Following up on a couple of comments and emails: I went quick and dirty and just ordered the squares precut. You can also order the fabrics in fat quarters on up. And yes, you can pick exactly the colors you want. I went with the grab bag approach, because I enjoyed the chanllenge and didn't really have a clear vision. Try the hand-dyed gradients available from one of these fine ebay vendors: C and S Fabrics or Aunt Suzie's squares from shdowdrgon@aol.com. I corresponded with both of them and they seemed throroughly helpful.

Oh, and Shetha, if you don't want to cut diamonds (not a big deal with a rotary cutter), you might consider just placing squares on edge -- those are diamonds, right?







posted by kristi at 1/20/2003 06:28:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM