the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






2/06/2003



quilt show



I heard a bit on the radio the other day about "The Quilts of Gee's Bend", a museum exhibition that's doing a current tour. You can hear the show and check out some links at NPR. Gee's Bend is/was a very isolated African American community in Alabama and I find the quilts quite compelling and inspirational. They're vibrant and dynamic -- if a well-executed prototypical quilt can be likened to classical music, these are definitely jazz.


If you are in a city this show is visiting, check it out! I am thinking about whether I can manage a trip to one of these cities at the right time.






posted by kristi at 2/06/2003 05:30:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM