the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






3/06/2003



what's up



A few items to update: The search for Leo's dream yarn continues... This morning we talked about Tahki's Chelsea Silk and Horstia's Maulbeerseide Schurwolle. He likes the latter, though with a nearly $200 price tag for yarn alone, it's a pricy proposition and not a sweater for everyday wear. Still, if I'm only going to knit him one sweater in years, it might as well be a good one.


Spent the morning painting a stageset/puppet theater for my daughter's school fundraiser. It sneaks out that you're the least bit creative and you are roped into such tasks. It's a vaguely Suessish interior, which is appropriate in that (a) Dr. Suess lived in my neighborhood, and (b) Dr. Suess's birthday is this week. Be sure to eat some green eggs and ham... or knit a thneed.


I've been having lots of design fantasies this week. Most recently, a new version of the Technicolor Dream Sweater, only mainly in silk. Noro's Silk Country, maybe some Brown Sheep Prairie Silk, and some of the Horstia... Ooh la la!


And speaking of silk, I am eagerly awaiting 11, yes, 11 skeins of the Nepalese Sari silk yarn! Someone started knitting it and then didn't want it, so I got it for $75 plus shipping. I think this is the first yarn I've bought this year, except for a few skeins of Cotton-Ease for the Knitty sweaters, and such a bargain! I couldn't pass it up. I've heard mixed reviews of actually knitting the stuff. Any advice welcomed. My dream of the Sari Silk Shell and Dupioni silk skirt may come to fruition after all. Now if I am ever invited to dine with heads of state, I'll have something to wear!







posted by kristi at 3/06/2003 01:09:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM