the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






5/02/2003



oh, brother?




Oh sister?

I have both sewing machines up and running now. Not that I have had time to sew anything. And not that I've found a place for the Brother in his/her/its cabinet to live, except the back porch...

This brings me to a question though. Pink Brother. Male? Female? Not that I'm really in the habit of naming inanimate objects, but like some cars, this one seems to have a definite personality. My car doesn't have a name either, but also seems to have some gender bending qualities. It's a Volvo, which uses the "male" symbol for its logo... but it's a station wagon, which seems very feminine, in a no-nonsense Scandanavian way...







posted by kristi at 5/02/2003 01:05:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM