the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






6/03/2003



from the other side



So here I am looking out the window, over the fence at my house. We're mostly settled in and mostly out of the house. This is a damned good thing because look what they've done!


About the bathroom, I think we've got a workable plan. We'll talk about it with the contractor this morning. It's just ironic in that we've had these plans mostly done for over two years. Drawn I don't know how many drawings of the house. When I was little I wanted to be an architect when I grew up and I used to check out armloads of house plan books from the library. Leo likes to design too. As I say, our architect does not love us. I don't think we've let much of what he's drawn stay. For a while, he got credit for the bathroom. Maybe not anymore.

I can't think of anything else I'd change. The rest pretty much has to stay the same. I should devote myself to things like shopping for doorknobs on Ebay.



It was Kindergarten graduation yesterday. Zoe's class put on a stirring rendition of The Nanny Goats Opera and then got their "diplomas". Still two weeks left of school, though.



Finally, something fiberlicious: Got some spam about something I was actually interested in: Soybean Fiber. Anyone ever knit with soybeans? Talk about eating your hat!






posted by kristi at 6/03/2003 06:15:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM