the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






9/17/2003



sonnet!



Here's another shot of Sonnet, my pattern from Knitty, modeled by my lovely friend, Kim.

I knit this whole thing, cast-on to photo-shoot in one week! It's 3 stitches to the inch and size small, so it's not such a miraculous feat, but a lot of knitting going on there briefly. I'm still not going to win any prizes for fastest knitter in the West. I know some people knit that much every day.


If you've never knit an adult-sized sweater, I promise this one is very easy. Lots of garter stitch which is perfect for knitting while watching a movie or listening to archived editions of This American Life. There's just enough casting on and binding off and switching to box stitch to keep you from falling asleep. Plus, it's dealer's choice on yarn!


I'd love to see your Sonnet! And if anyone knits matching mother/child versions of this and sends me a picture of you wearing them, I'll send you a little surprise.







posted by kristi at 9/17/2003 06:44:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM