the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






5/19/2004



freak accident



last night as i was getting ready to get dinner together i went to open a cabinet and the ceramic knob snapped in half slicing my thumb something fierce.

waited for leo to get home about 15 minutes later then went off to the ER for 6 stitches, some betadine and a tetanus shot. though the tendon was very much visible within the cut, it doesn't seem to have been damaged, so i ought to heal up fine.

now my thumb looks like this:

it doesn't hurt too much as long as i don't try to use it, but let me just say that life without even one of my opposable thumbs is challenging. good news: i found i can still knit... sort of.







posted by kristi at 5/19/2004 09:52:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM