the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






5/11/2004



silk garden



Now that my yarn's on its way, I am thinking more seriously about the design. Is the multidirectional scarf approach really the right one? There are so many ways to show off the beauty of this yarn and so I'm pondering.

Garter stitch is so yarn guzzling, but I like the simplicity of it, and I like the fact that there's no wrong side. Afghans with a "wrong" side don't please me so much. Plus, I like the idea of doing it in strips so I'm not buried under it while I knit it. A 10-inch wide strip is portable, a 60-inch wide blanket isn't.

I can imagine something quite lovely and sort of Fassett-esque with diamonds, and there are always mitered squares. Variable sizes in sort of a Koigu Oriental Coat way...

Thoughts? Feelings? Experiences? I've never knit a blanket before.







posted by kristi at 5/11/2004 04:48:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM