the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






7/12/2004



duped.



I'm interrupting summer vacation at Camp Mom right to share a couple of exciting things that have happened this week:

1.My book producer contacted me again finally (I thought she said early June?) and asked if I could get her some sketches and photos right away. Did that. Now I'm back to wait-and-see. In truth, I'm happiest if the book happens, but not until fall.

2.Got the new issue of Interweave Knits and noted a little reference to myself. There in the blurb about Knitty Gritty, there's something about a "restyling a sleeveless turtleneck". That's me!

3.I just tried duplicate stitch and, I have to say, I loved it. I didn't think I would, since I don't think I've ever heard an encouraging word about it. It's a bit like counted cross stitch (or what I imagine cross stitch would be like) and, sure, it's not as polished looking as intarsia, but for quick and dirty, give it a try!







posted by kristi at 7/12/2004 06:53:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM