the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






12/06/2005



more press clippings



Things to look for:
A review in the December/January issue of The New York Dog.
A review in the University of Chicago Alumni magazine, December issue.
Here's an article from the San Diego Tribune.
And one from The Olympian with a picture from the dog fashion show and book siging I did up there at Canvas Works. This is part of the "How I spent my Thanksgiving Vacation" story. We spent 5 days in Olympia, my home town, then 3 days in Victoria, BC. We were accompanied by my husband's father, sister, brother-in-law, and niece. So three generations, two ways. Saw family (my sister and her family, aunts and cousins) and friends and had a nice time all around. The girls were treated like royalty at the Empress. With high tea on fancy china and doormen dispatching horsedrawn carriages at the wave of a hand... Zoe had seen the people riding in carriages when we first arrived and longed for a ride. When I saw the prices I said I wouldn't pay for it. So after much deliberation she decided SHE would spend her OWN money on the carriage ride. But by that time it was Monday evening, and we didn't see any horses around. But of course, the charming doorman was able to summon one straight away. "Your carriage, Miss!" just like in a fairy tale. Thinking back, I realize that family trips are one of the things that do actually stick in the memory. I figure this one will stick. It's nice to be home. The weather was really very co-operative while we were up in the Northwest. Except that we never seemed to quite be in the same place as the snow. Still, after a week of putting on coats and sweaters and mittens, only to take them off again 15 minutes later in an overheated restaurant, it was glorious to be home. We promptly ordered Wahoo's (fish tacos) and I stood outside barefoot for a while, just because I could.


If you can get your hands on People magazine from the week of Thanksgiving (the one with Britney and baby on the cover), look on page 74. Knitting for Dogs is #3 among the Gifts for Petlovers.

Coming up: A radio interview with St Louis Radio station KFTK this Friday morning at 7:45 AM, Central Standard Time.

And on TV, look for actual samples from the book to be modeled on the Weekend Today show on NBC this Sunday morning, December 11. How exciting!







posted by kristi at 12/06/2005 06:14:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM