the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






5/09/2006



cast on?

I'm working on another editing project. And this always makes me think about knitting parlance.

When cast on (and bind off) are transitive verbs, I write them like that. Plain and simple. However, in some other cases, e.g. "Work even until piece measures 4.75 inches from the cast on edge." or "With MC and cable cast on, CO 12 sts at the beginning of the next 2 rows.", I get the urge to stick a hyphen in there. You?


The other: Kitchener stitch. Capitalized or not? I'm assuming it's a name and therefore capitalized, at least as yet. According to the dictionary, jacquard is not capitalized but Fair Isle and Aran are. intarsia - not capitalized. i-cord, though often capitalized, shouldn't be.

and yes, for this, i get up early.







posted by kristi at 5/09/2006 06:17:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM