the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






6/28/2006



Dear Big


Dear Big,

I need to tell you something. You know our relationship means something to me. We've been together already for a couple of months now. And at first I was very involved in our relationship. Your shape excited me. I swatched you for hours; playing little games with your stitch patterns and gauge. I drew pictures of you while you lay there, not even knowing that I was looking at you.

But our relationship takes a lot of work. You are a lot of stitches. I feel we really need to sit down and take stock of where we are headed. I feel pressured to continue seeing you because of other people's expectations. Sure, I enjoy spending time with you, but I don't always feel like I'm really doing it for ME.

So I need to tell you something. It's summer time. And I'm on vacation. There was this long plane trip. And I started toying with this hand dyed cashmere. It was just a few innocent stitches. But it was fun. And she's foreign. And, so easy going. And I ended up inviting her to come with me. And things are going really well between us.

So, Big, I'm pretty sure this thing between Clapotis and me is just a fling. I hope you can find it within you to forgive me. You know I will come back to you.







posted by kristi at 6/28/2006 05:49:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM