the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






7/19/2006



jury duty


I've been summoned for jury duty tomorrow. And feeling a sense of civic responsibility, I have not tried to weasel out of it. I haven't actually done jury duty since the pre-parent days. I did sit on a jury about 10 years ago, and it was pretty interesting and entertaining. Shoplifting. Young court appointed attorneys who imagined they might be on TV. No gore.


San Diego has a one day/one trial system, so I figured I'd go down town and sit in the jury lounge and knit all day until they told me I could go home. Like being on an airplane, you really have little to do besides knit, read some old paperbacks, or stare at your fellow jurors until they call lunch.

So I am re-reading the summons last night, and there on the list of no-no's -- knitting needles. The airport security doesn't even blink at them anymore. But then I remembered the Yarnharlot's comment about "giving someone a nasty poke". So me and the criminals, we'll be crocheting tomorrow.







posted by kristi at 7/19/2006 06:44:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM