the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






9/29/2006



reflection


Question 1 (from new student in my knitting class): "What do you usually knit?"
Me: "Swatches."

Question 2 (from neighbors, etc.) "What will you do now that the girls are both in school?"
Me: "I'm writing a book."

Yes, I think the time has come that I can finally spill the big news -- over the next 8 months I will be writing a book -- Knitting Patterns for Dummies! The book will contain nearly 50 patterns and lots of explanations of both how and why you knit things the way you do. So while it isn't a how-to knit book (Knitting for Dummies, written by Pam Allen, already covers that nicely.) I hope it will make knitting -- and being a more adventurous knitter -- easier.

How will I write a 312 page book in 8 months? The only answer was really "divide and conquer" and though there are a number of ways to do that, I've decided to take on all the writing and designing, but do as little of the actual knitting as possible. I will be hiring on stunt knitters scattered across North America to knit the samples while I scribble and type and swatch.







posted by kristi at 9/29/2006 06:32:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM