the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






11/20/2006



pattern exchange?


These are some of my favorite pants. Favorite not only for their vertical stripes, ability to add zest to any outfit and space-age fabric that repels stains and wrinkles (They claim to be made by Levi's. What decade, I just can't quite decide.). But mostly they are favorites because they fit well. The legs are a good balance of fit and flare, and the waist hits in just the right place. They never feel tight or like they are about to fall off.

So I've thought about trying to re-create them. And I'm sure that I could do it -- with world enough and time. However, I am much better and faster at writing knitting patterns than sewing patterns and I am sure that out in the ether there is someone of just the opposite persuasion. So I propose a trade: You make me a sewing pattern based on the pants, and I will write you a knitting pattern based on your favorite sweater.

Let me know if this idea appeals to you!







posted by kristi at 11/20/2006 07:02:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM