the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






1/09/2007



another way knitting will make you feel good


I love my knitting classes. I could go on and on about the myriad ways they are so wonderful, but it's the start of rockstar week and time is short. I've been teaching at Knitting in La Jolla for 2 years. Beth, who attends our sessions regularly, was there on day 1. Wow. Many others have been with me nearly as long, and it is truly something I look forward to each week.

So, here's something that can make you feel even better about knitting: All the money I receive for knitting classes in January will be donated to Heifer.org. Heifer does good in the world by giving animals to poor families and teaching them to raise them. In this case, I'm going for the "knitting basket" of fleece bearing animals. The families will use the wool to bring in income, and they, in turn, pass the offspring of their animals on to other families, so the gift continues to give.

So come in and knit: do something good for yourself and for others!







posted by kristi at 1/09/2007 06:45:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM