the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






1/08/2007



giddy


There's so much news it's hard to fit it all in here! This week is my "rock star" week, so please indulge me!

Today is the day to cross things off the to-do list. I have to confess that looking at the calendar made me realize there's a lot to be done this month, but all that's not done today will have to wait until later. Still, I finished a project that I've been working on for far too long. It's a project for the Dummies book, and am waiting for it and it's companion piece to dry so that I can try them on. I've also writing for the book. Quarter 2 deadline is closer than it should be. Plus I've got two projects for the girls' school fundraiser to get done by the end of the month. So while all that gnaws at my stomach lining, here's why I still feel like a rock star:

Tomorrow, Tuesday, Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably will be at Knitting in La Jolla having a tea party! A chance to meet such brilliant designers would really be pretty much enough to make a week fabulous, but wait...

I will have to divide my attentions because I must also meet tomorrow with the photostylist for Interweave Crochet. As you may have heard by now, Kim Werker, editor and founder of CrochetMe.com, has been tapped as the new editor of Interweave Crochet. Further, it will be published quarterly now, and available by subscription. This is fabulous news for Kim, and for crocheters. Anyway, they are doing the photoshoot for the spring issue of IC here in San Diego this week and in one of those wacky spins of the world, I will be modeling in the issue! So if you come to knitting class on Wednesday evening, chances are you will see me all dolled up.

This brings us to Friday, when I will pick up the lovely Amy Singer, founder and editor of Knitty.com and all around fabulous person at the airport. I will feed her lunch and then bring her back to Knitting in La Jolla for more tasty snacks and knitting. I will no doubt spend the first hour or so making Amy talk and being fascinated by her voice. Amy and I have known one another for 4 or 5 years now and worked together on lots of things, but I hardly ever get to hear her talk.

After that, we'll head downtown for the start of TNNA with a fashion show and reception. At some point, I'll rendezvous with Shannon Okey -- she's staying at my house again this year -- and lots of other wonderful people I am so excited to see. The world of the needle arts is filled with so many wonderful people and it's great to be surrounded by them. People who get giddy at the sight of new yarn, or classic yarns worked in new ways. The whole week is bound to inspire me in a thousand ways. Definitely reason to feel giddy.







posted by kristi at 1/08/2007 12:38:00 PM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM