the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






10/03/2007



the book!


At long last -- the book! I've been thinking the book is about to land on my doorstep for a couple of weeks. I have engaged in all sorts of magical thinking trying to force it to arrive. Meritorious household chores. Activities so messy that I could not actually touch the book when it arrived (painting, gutter cleaning). Being in the shower when the delivery truck showed up and being forced to run down stairs in a towel with soap in my eye (since this is hard to pull off timing wise, it didn't actually happen, but it was proposed). Leaving the house. Not leaving the house. Making my child cross her fingers and hold her breath as she ran down the block. Strangely, none of these things worked.

Yesterday I was fairly certain that it would show up. Since it showed up as "out for delivery" at 6:02 AM. Cruelly, they waited until 5 pm to deliver it, I ran around in manic circles for a few minutes and then had that sudden calm feeling like you do when you finish your final exams. The book is here.

It looks good! It's so book-like! As far as I know, the only place you can actually buy it is at Knitting in La Jolla -- I gather a couple of copies sold before I actually laid eyes on it. You can order it now at any of your favorite online book retailers, but I gather it won't ship or actually hit store shelves until next week.


If you are in the San Diego area, do come and see me, get a signed copy of the book and fondle all the knitted samples from the book this Saturday, October 6th. I'll be there from 3:00 to 5:00. Also, have tasty autumnal treats.







posted by kristi at 10/03/2007 07:19:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM