the domestic sphere

my dalliances with all things domestic






12/04/2007



blogging


The month of November has come and gone. Holidays, birthdays, visits, plagues. For one reason and another, there wasn't a complete week of school to be had. But here we are in December -- already! I've been working on a couple of projects for Curious Creek. The one I'm working on right now I'm particularly excited by. The knitting's easy and, I think, quite intuitive. But the construction is unusual and deliciously geometric. I'm onto my second sleeve, so it should be done soon!

I'm not going to show you that today, but figured I'd throw in this, the wing of an Anise Swallowtail. We've had wacky weather this year and a few hot days persuaded this butterfly to hatch in mid-November. I love the way the blue spots are pixelated. Turns out butterflies have scales of sorts. And yes, someday, there will be a butterfly sweater.







posted by kristi at 12/04/2007 10:46:00 AM
Comments: Post a Comment


????????

comments by YACCS

Powered By Blogger TM